What is the length of a kitchen remodel or renovation?
The amount of time put into a given project is dependent on many factors. A few of these factors are the timingly arrival of materials, the size of the project, and the scope, (this associates what tasks that have to happen in order to finish the project). Not every job is the same, however, most are similar in their tasks. At the same time, complications with structural integrity can hinder progress as any unforeseen electrical or plumbing issues may as well.
The following is a general illustration only:
- Meet with a remodeling consultant for a Free Design Consultation and get proposal – 1 week.
- Finalize the scope of the project and the terms of a Remodeling Agreement – 2 to 3 weeks. Select all the materials for the project – 1 to 4 weeks.
- Materials are ordered and delivered – 4 to 8 weeks.
- Demolition and removal of old materials and appliances – 1 week.
- Installation of new materials and appliances, flooring, plumbing and electrical work, painting – 3 to 4 weeks.
- Finishing touches and clean up – 1 to 2 weeks.